- Stitches are explained with pictures: split stitch, satin stitch, french knot, seed stitch and fringes
- Strands and colours from Anchor: White 00001, Dark blue 00410, Black 00403, Rose 1021, Middle blue 978, Light blue 145, Gold 00300, Silver 301, from Rico: Neon Green Col. 948
- Template for printing with scaling formula for every framesize
- Uptaking on a hoop explained with pictures
- Detailed photos of the result
Materials you need at home:
- light navy cotton fabric, the drawing must shine through while tracing from the template!
- Embroidery thread seperable cotton
- Hoop 20 x 20 cm or other sizes
- Satin band
- Sewing machine
- Lightsource (I-Pad, lighttable or window)
- Pen that cleares with heat (trickmarker) in white
- Acrylic colour metallic silver
- Stitch needles
PDF Tutorial for this beautiful handmade embroidery. Textile art, combined with painting. Animal theme; cat in the dark. Detailed 8 pages PDF with tutorial for beginner level.
All used stitches are explained with pictures. Also the finishing and uptaking on a frame. The thread with colours and amount of strings is explained in detail.
The print page includes a mathematical formula for scaling and adapting the print for every embroidery framesize. The print can be traced with a light source like I-Pad, Window or lighttable. I used heat-deletable pens for that. For opening the PDF you need the Acrobat Reader free software.
You can use the motive only for private use, if you want to sell tis artwork, please contact me for a licence.
If you have questions, write a message to me.
Designvogel Handcraftshop COM
Hi, i am Anja Vogel-Jaich, an illustrator and textile designer, living and working in Berlin. I create several embroidery designs and tutorials with some of my illustration motives and this has got a real passion. You can learn embroidery with my tutorials or get new inspirations from it. If you have questions or feedback, write me!