Embroidery Pattern Seahorse
PDF Tutorial for this beautiful handmade embroidery. Textile art with maritime theme; seahorse. Stitched with glow in the dark thread. Detailed 6 pages PDF with tutorial for advanced level.
All used stitches are explained with pictures. Also the finishing and uptaking on a frame. The thread with colours and amount of strings is explained in detail.
The print page includes a mathematical formula for scaling and adapting the print for every embroidery framesize. The print can be traced with a light source like I-Pad, Window or lighttable. I used heat-deletable pens for that. For opening the PDF you need the Acrobat Reader free software.
You can use the motive only for private use, if you want to sell tis artwork, please contact me for a licence.
If you have questions, write a message to me.
- Stitches are explained with pitures
- Strands and colours
- Template for printing with scaling formula for every framesize
- Uptaking on a hoop explained with pictures
Materials you need at home:
- light navy cotton fabric, the drawing must shine through while scetching from the template!
- Embroidery thread seperable white cotton or glow in the dark thread Nr. E940
- Hoop 17,5 x 12 cm and stitch needles
- Satin band
- Sewing machine
- Lightsource (I-Pad, lighttable or window)
- Pen that cleares with heat (trickmarker) in white
- Acrylic colour metallic silver
Designvogel Handcraftshop COM
Hi, i am Anja Vogel-Jaich, an illustrator and textile designer, living and working in Berlin. I create several embroidery designs and tutorials with some of my illustration motives and this has got a real passion. If you have questions or feedback, write me!