- The pattern has row numbers for each step so you don’t lose your place
- instructions for making the fire engine, ambulance and police car, plus 18 photos
- a list of abbreviations and explanation of some techniques
- a materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 14 pages and written in English.
Knit a trio of emergency vehicles: a fire engine, ambulance and police car.
TECHNIQUES: All pieces are knitted flat on straight knitting needles, apart from the light bars (on top of the vehicles) and ladder which are i-cord knitted on two DPNs. The vehicles are knitted in garter stitch, and the wheels and bumpers are knitted separately and sewn on. You will need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, sew seams, and turn the work part way through a row. For colour-work, you will need to know how to knit stripes (i.e change colour at the end of a row). The window struts are added using embroidery (I used a chain stitch).
FINISHED SIZE: The ambulance is approximately 17cm long, fire engine 19cm long and police car 14cm long.