The English Cocker Spaniel tea cosy is based on the very cute English cocker spaniel breed. The fluffy and soft garter stitch on the main tea cosy and the dogs ears are representative of the breeds plush and curly coat, and feels as soft as the actual breeds ears.
The cocker spaniel has a cute expression with its big brown eyes and hairy eyelids. This tea cosy is perfect for any dog lover and it really keeps the teapot.
The English Cocker Spaniel tea cosy always likes a biscuit or two with his cup of tea.
- This Tea Cosy fits a medium sized teapot that holds 6 to 8 cups or 2 pints
Materials you need at home:
- What you will need to make the pattern
- 5.5 mm, UK size 5 or US size 9 knitting needles,
- 4.00 mm, UK size 8 or US size 6 Knitting needles,
- 50g Camel coloured double knitting wool,
- 25g Eskimo Kisses double knitting wool,
- A 25mm black safety nose and x2 16mm brown safety eyes,
I design and knit unique tea cosies. I really love designing exciting and unusual tea cosies, its great fun and people don’t mind having an over the top tea cosy. Plus they are a great talking point at tea time and make for brilliant knitting projects.
I have quite a following with regular customers who regularly buy my latest designs from my website TeaCosyFolk.co.uk
I have had a couple of patterns printed in the Simply Knitting Magazine, which is very exciting.