- Written and charted pattern
- Instructions in English
- US Imperial and metric measurements
- Suitable for the intermediate knitter
- Worked flat
- Written for a gauge of approx. 14 sts / 20 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) over in Double Moss stitch using larger size needles, after blocking.
- Digital PDF has 4 pages (letter size)
Materials you need at home:
- Yarn 720 (790, 840, 850, 900) m (790 (860, 915, 930, 980) yards) / 360 (395, 420, 425, 450) g or 8 (8,9,9,9) balls of Ístex Létt-Lopi [100 % wool, 100 m (109 yards) per 50 gram skein]. Substitute any aran weight single ply type yarn for a similar result.
- Size 4.5 mm (US 7) / 80 cm (32 inches) circular needle (because of the large number of stitches) or size needed to obtain gauge
- Size 4 mm (US 6) / 80 cm (32 inches) circular needle.
- Yarn needle
- Waste yarn for provisional cast on and holding stitches
- 2 stitch markers
- Crochet hook equivalent to the smaller size knitting needles (optional – for seaming using sl st only)
Enigma is a cozy layering piece, perfect for those times that you just want to wrap up in warm woolens. With its easy construction and textured stitch patterns, Enigma is an interesting but relaxing knit.
Sizes: This pattern includes 5 sizes: XS (S/M, L/XL, 2XL/3XL, 4XL). The pattern is written for an over-sized relaxed fit. Instructions are included to customize the pattern to fit you.
Difficulty level: Techniques used include provisional cast on and picking up stitches, stitches used: knit and purl. This pattern is suitable for the intermediate knitter.
How lovely to meet you! I’m Susanne Visch and I live in the Netherlands. Not only the country of tulips, cheese, and windmills but also of Dutch Design.
I find it important to provide user-friendly instructions for interesting patterns. In most cases, my patterns feature both written and charted instructions, with detailed explanations of the techniques used.