Erakor Shawl - Knitting
Erakor is a tiny islet that lies in Vanuatu archipelago, in the South-West Pacific. The sea is deeply blue and vegetation grows widely near the beach of Erakor. Few years ago, I used to go there swimming and relaxing. Today I miss the islet a lot. This little shawlette has the colour of the sea near Erakor. I added some leaves in the brim to complete the memory of my loving islet.
Erakor begins at the top. You just have to grab some wool and needles, sit in front of TV or book and knit as mad some garter bands. Then things become a little more complicated, you would have to memorize the lace motif and to attach the border vertically to the body of the shawl, stitch after stitch. And once you start to get annoyed….the shawlette is finished !
- Illustrated knitting tutorial
- Step-by-step instructions
- 2 tutorials with photos
- One size
Materials you need at home:
- Size , Erakor is offered in one size. Length 156 cm (61.5 in). Depth 32 cm (12.5 in). You may increase the size of the shawl by knitting a larger body. Adapt the yardage accordingly
- Gauge , 10 cm x 10 cm (4 in x 4 in) = 15 sts and 28 rows with 5 mm (US 8) needles through garter stitches, after blocking. Gauge is not really critical for this shawlette.
- Needles and Hook , 5 mm (US 8) circular needle 80 cm (31 in).
- Yarn , Dolce de Luce [30% angora, 70% merino, 50 g (1.76 oz), 150 m (164 yds)]. Color Pause; 3 skeins.