Erica is a Hat of two styles: one is the peak brimmed beret and the other the slouchy regular brim beret. Softly strung circles decorate the body of this Hat, which are created by twisted and travelling stitches.
The pattern is provided in 4 sizes, and is worked from the bottom up. The stitch pattern is provided in both written and charted formats.
Skills : Knit & purl stitches, Alternate Cable cast-on, Provisional cast-on, Joining Live stitches, Short rows, Twisted stitches, Knitting in the round, Increases & decreases
Gauge: 21 sts x 30 rows to 4in/10cm on 4mm needles over St.St. 22 sts x 28 rows to 4in/10cm on 3.75mm needles over 1x1 Twisted Rib
- Illustrated knitting pattern
- Metric and imperial measurements
- Sizes to fit 18 (20, 22, 24) in/ 45.75 (50.75, 56, 61) cm (Finished size 16.25 (18.25, 20, 21.75) in/ 41.25 (46.25, 50.75, 55.25) cm)
- Written & charted instructions; Brim insert schematic
Materials you need at home:
- Peaked version 144 (184, 219, 261) yd/132 (169, 201, 239) m heavy DK weight, multi-plied yarn (Sample shown in Fyberspates Vivacious DK (251yd/230m per 115g; 100% Merino))
- Slouchy version 158 (196, 228, 266) yd/145 (180, 209, 244) m yarn
- 33yd/31m yarn for a 6x6in/15x15cm swatch in St.St.
- Set 3.75mm/UK9/US5 & 4mm/UK8/US6 DPNs/Circular or size needed to obtain gauge
- Plastic bottle/Plastic canvas for Brim
- Stitch marker as necessary
- Tapestry needle
Woolly Wormhead is a Hat Architect.
With an instinctive flair for unusual construction and a passion for innovation, Woolly Wormhead is a designer whose patterns are trusted and celebrated by knitters all over the world. As a designer, Woolly is driven by a need to create and develop her understanding of 3D form. Communicating her ideas and sharing her specialised knowledge with her audiences is key to Woolly’s success as a designer. Woolly's high quality pattern writing ensures perfect results, teaches new skills and encourages us all to become Hat architects.
Each Hat design is an original Woolly Wormhead innovation. These designs are created using unusual construction techniques and intriguing stitch combinations, resulting in unique and versatile pieces.
Each pattern is carefully developed and every effort is made to ensure that the instructions are as clear as possible. All patterns include a range of sizes, and many have additional design options and notes for alterations. Where possible, illustrated tutorials for specialist techniques are also included.