Erik the Viking is not a particularly fearsome warrior, but he has a shield and helmet just in case trouble starts! Designed by Amanda Berry @fluffandfuzz, Erik is knitted in acrylic DK yarns on single pointed needles (not in the round). For confident beginners and above, other techniques used include casting on and off, knits, purls, increases and decreases, and seaming to finish.
- Instructions with photos to make your Viking.
- The pattern is 5 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.75mm knitting needles (US 5)
- DK yarn (double knitting or light worsted weight)
- Toy filling
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.