“Oh Esperanza!’ said Isabel, jumping up and down and clapping.’I think my heart is dancing.” ― Pam Muñoz Ryan, Esperanza Rising
Let Esperanza keep you dancing in warm weather!
This is a pattern for a crop top with short sleeves and a scoop neckline. It is worked from the top down and in the round with a circular yoke. There is a simple Bobble detail over the body created by increases and decreases and lace border on both body and sleeves. The sleeve and bottom edges will open up with a bit of a flare, when blocked, due to the lacework. You may, also, work the simple crochet edge around the neckline, for a bit of added colour.
You may wear this top fitted or loose with 4in/10cm pos. ease. You may lengthen body or sleeves, but this will increase yarn amounts.
- Written instructions with chart
- US Imperial Measurement / Metric Measurement
- approximate finished chest circ - 35 (37, 39.25, 41.5) 43.5, 45.75, 48 (50) in 87 (93, 98, 103.5) 109, 114.5, 119 (125.5) cm
- Suitable for Intermediate and Advanced knitters
Materials you need at home:
- yarn: Silk Cotton Heather by, Wolle’s Yarn Creations Sport; 70% Cotton, 15% Silk, 15% Merino 320yds (292.5m) / 100g If working the simple crochet neck detail use: Color Changing Cotton by, Wolle’s Yarn Creations; Fingering; 100% Cotton 480yds (439m) / 100g approx. yarn amounts: Silk Cotton Heather - 2 (2, 2, 3) 3, 3, 4 (4) balls Cotton fingering for neck detail - 15yds (14m)
- needles: 3.25mm (us no 3), 3.75mm (us no 5), and 4.0mm (us no 6) circular needles; 29in/74cm 4.0mm crochet hook for crochet detail (optinal)
- additional tools: needle to weave in ends, st markers (5), st holders/waste yarn, scissors
Mona Zillah - bunnymuff
Inspired by the environments around me, I strive to make relevant designs that are clever additions to any outfit; blending traditional and contemporary styles, with a focus on colourwork. Most bunnymuff patterns are easily adjustable for a personal best fit in an extended range of sizes. bunnymuff supports ethical sourcing and climate/people conscious buttons, wool stuffing, and other notions!