- Written and charted pattern
- Instructions in English
- US Imperial and metric measurements
- Suitable for the intermediate to advanced knitter
- Links to tutorials by the designer for techniques used
- Gauge Approx. 12.5 sts / 22 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) over stockinette, measured after blocking.
- Digital PDF has 4 pages (letter size)
The Faaborg shawl (or Fåborg as written in Danish) is a delightfully whimsical shawl – a lovely layering piece with a lot of playful character and substance. This is certainly a shawl that will keep you warm and cozy in the most turbulent of autumn and winter weather.
Start the shawl with a garter stitch tab. The colorwork in the border is done using the slip-stitch mosaic technique, so you will be handling only one strand of yarn at all times. The border patterning is both charted and written out.
Difficulty level Knit the triangle-shaped Faaborg shawl from the top-down, starting with a garter tab cast-on. The edging uses the slip-stitch mosaic colorwork technique. Stitches used include knit, purl, m1bl, k2tog tbl, as well as slipping stitches.
This pattern is suitable for the intermediate to advanced knitter.
Sizes and finished measurements One size – finished dimensions of the sample shawl: 193 cm (76 inches) along the upper edge and a depth of 84 cm (33 inches), measured after blocking.
Change the size of the shawl by using heavier or lighter weight yarn and/or working fewer (or more) repeats of the various sections. This will, of course, change the amount of yarn needed.