Fabales grew from my desire to knit a Hat that would showcase a special skein of yarn but also have just enough detail to catch the eye. The motifs grow organically from a twisted rib into a background of reverse stocking stitch.
This is a quick knit, perfect for a long train journey or languid summer nights. Choose that special skein with care.
Skills required: Knit & purl sts, specialist cast-on, increases & decreases, knitting in the round, lace
Pattern contents: Written & charted instructions; illustrated tutorials for Alternate Cable & Cable cast-ons
- Illustrated knitting pattern
- Metric and imperial measurements
- Sizes to fit 17 (19, 21.5, 23) in/ 43.25 (48.25, 54.5, 58.5) cm
- illustrated tutorials for Alternate Cable & Cable cast-ons
Materials you need at home:
- 94 (112, 141, 172) yd/86 (103, 128, 157) m Aran weight yarn (sample shown in Ginger Twist Studio Sheepish Aran)
- 27yd/25m yarn for a 6x6in/15x15cm swatch in St.St.
- Set 4mm/UK8/US6 DPNs/Circular or size needed to obtain gauge
- Stitch marker as necessary
- Tapestry needle
Woolly Wormhead is a Hat Architect.
With an instinctive flair for unusual construction and a passion for innovation, Woolly Wormhead is a designer whose patterns are trusted and celebrated by knitters all over the world. As a designer, Woolly is driven by a need to create and develop her understanding of 3D form. Communicating her ideas and sharing her specialised knowledge with her audiences is key to Woolly’s success as a designer. Woolly's high quality pattern writing ensures perfect results, teaches new skills and encourages us all to become Hat architects.
Each Hat design is an original Woolly Wormhead innovation. These designs are created using unusual construction techniques and intriguing stitch combinations, resulting in unique and versatile pieces.
Each pattern is carefully developed and every effort is made to ensure that the instructions are as clear as possible. All patterns include a range of sizes, and many have additional design options and notes for alterations. Where possible, illustrated tutorials for specialist techniques are also included.