Using five different colours of yarn and an all over Fair Isle Pattern, this knit hat pattern is full of detail and personality.
I have seen people in Shetland wearing hats similar to this, which is where I got the design idea from.
While this may look complicated, the pattern itself is fairly easy. Keeping track of the colours may be a bit challenging, so this isn't a knit in front of the TV project.
You'll need to be paying attention to get this colour-work knitting pattern just right. Once you put in a little time and concentration, you'll love your unique new hat!
It will cheer you up on the dullest of days.
The pattern comes in four sizes: 1-3 years, 3-5 years, 5-8 years, 8-12 years, largest size will fit small adult head( women’s)
To fit head circumference of 46-50, 50-52, 52-55, 55-57 cm, or 18-19 3/4, 19 3/4- 20 1/2, 20 1/2-21 3/4, 21 3/4- 22 1/2 inches
Materials: DK wool or blends yarn in five colours, 50 g of each. I used off white, blue, red, green and mustard.
Try Cascade 220 Sport Yarn or GGH Wollywash
- Illustrated Knitting Pattern
- US Imperial Measurement / Metric Measurement
- 1-3 years, 3-5 years, 5-8 years, 8-12 years, largest size will fit small adult head( women’s)
- Suitable for Intermediate Knitters
Materials you need at home:
- Materials DK wool or blends yarn in five colours, 50 g of each. I used off white, blue, red, green and mustard. Amounts will vary depending on your choice of yarn, if in doubt, get extra. , , *Knitting Needles Sets of DPN's in 3.25 mm (US 3) and 4 mm (US 6), you can use a circular needle as an alternative, if you want. , , *Stitch markers , *Darning needle
I have been involved with textiles of all kinds from very early on in my life. I come from a family of artists and other creative people. Designing knitting and sewing patterns that are both beautiful and practical is my passion.