Fairlop - Knitting Pattern
These toe-up socks are perfect for warmer days when you only want a short sock. Use a summery yarn, such as CoBasi used here, and you’ll have your new favourite summer socks.
The socks have an Eye of Partridge heel flap and the cuff is worked in a basket weave pattern.
Sizes - measured around mid-foot
Small - 7” (17.75cm) Medium - 8” (20.25cm) Large - 9” (22.75cm)
Gauge - 9 sts x 13 rows = 1 inch/2.5 cm, stocking stitch in the round
Instructions for the pattern are both charted and fully written out so you can choose which you prefer.
- Illustrated knitting pattern
- US Imperial measurements/ Metric measurements
- Fully written/ charted instructions
- Sizes to fit 7, 8, 9 inches (17.75, 20.25, 22.75 cm)
Materials you need at home:
- 4 ply/fingering sock yarn - 100g (CoBaSi used in sample)
- US1/ 2.25mm circular knitting needle, or dpns
- stitch markers x 2
- tapestry needle
I'm a knitting designer, living in Reading, UK, with my husband and three cats. I’ve been knitting since I was small, I remember my grandmother helping me make a jumper for my teddy when I was about 7. I love to knit all types of things, but I’m quite a slow knitter so my designs are for accessories so I can actually manage to finish them myself!