Say it ain't so! Fanny packs are back! Fanny packs or bumbags or are now worn as crossbody bags and this „Festival Fanny Pack“ fits the bill.
This bag has an exterior zipper pocket and an interior pocket for things like credit cards, your drivers license or ID. The bag can be worn as a cross body bag and is perfect for going to a festival or club - anywhere where you just need the essentials.
This sewing pattern with tutorial is for a fanny pack with exterior pocket.
height 16 cm (6-1/4 in), width 30cm (12 in), depth 10cm (4 in)
This pattern is intended for intermediate and advanced sewers. You can use a sturdy fabric like canvas or denim or a technical fabric like cordura or nylon. You could also upcycle some old jeans for this fanny pack.
- sewing instructions with step by step pictures
- pattern in A1 and A4/USLetter format
- cutting layout
- information about materials and supplies
Materials you need at home:
- 60 cm fabric (at a fabric width of a least 120 cm (48 in))
- strap, 25 mm (1 in) across, cotton or polyester
- 35 cm (14 in) zipper, non-divisible, for the exterior, for example by YKK
- 18 cm (7 in) zipper, non-divisible, for the exterior pocket, for example by YKK
- 1 side release buckle, match the width of your strap
- bias tape, , Additionally
- x-acto knife
- double faced adhesive tape
Kasia is an architect and accessories designer based in Berlin, Germany. Kasia loves all things DIY and creates sewing patterns for the DIY Sewing Academy. For the DIY Sewing Academy, Kasia designs patterns and sewing tutorials for bags, backpacks and other accessories. In addition to this, Kasia is also a self-employed designer and creates sustainable leather accessories, mainly in special manufacture, for her label KSIA.