“Pavane” is an opulent fantasy dress modelled on a medieval style with a dramatic collar and lavishly long, open trumpet sleeves. The dress is closed by lacing at the back. Due to its wide seam width it can also be worn over a hoop skirt. Worn at a a medieval fair or event, at a live roleplay or used as a wedding dress, you won't be overlooked in this gown; chances are you'll be in the limelight instead.
The e-book contains the clearly laid out pattern in sizes 32-40 (EU) / 6-14 (UK) / 4-12 (US) and detailed instructions with many pictures and professional tips for a totally succesful result.
This pattern is available in english and german. Also available in sizes 14-26 (UK) / 12-24 (US)
- illustrated tutorial
- multisized pattern from UK 6 - 14 / US 4 - 12
Materials you need at home:
- 8,3m main fabric up to size 36 (firm woven fabric like Cotton (cretonne), brocade, damask decoration fabrics and taffeta.)
- 8,4m main fabric up to size 40
- 2,5m lining fabric up to size 36 (wovens)
- 2,6m lining fabric up to size 40
- matching button hole thread for the embroidered eyelets
- awl to push through the eyelets or
- 32 metal eyelets with discs to push in
- sturdy corset boning made of plastic or metal 120 cms (optional plus 180 cms if you want to line the whole top with boning)
- cord to lace 6m (using this length it will not be necessary to unlace completely to get into the dress!)
- fusible interfacing (for example vlieseline G700 or iron-on batiste) at least 90 cms to 120 cms
- sewing machine
- fabric scissors
- thread, pins, etc.
Cecilia Theresa Design
Since being a young girl, creativity has been my impetus. Whether it is sewing, knitting, crocheting, lace making or embroidery, just any kind of needlework inspires me and fills me with enthusiasm. My favourite one I made my profession and today I am a professional dressmaker. As an author of numerous crafting books I enjoy passing on this enthusiasm and develop e-books providing versatile sewing patterns with a vintage twist for everyday life.
Have fun with my patterns and enjoy wearing your individual favourite hand-made clothing!