The farmer's wife tea cosy is getting ready for the evening barn dance, under her head scarf she has her hair ready curled. But she still have to feed the farm yard animals, the pig and chickens. The Farmer's wife has one pig, three chickens and 4 chicks. She's dressed in pink and lilac and has a spotty head scarf on. The knitting pattern is easy for follow and the tea cosy pattern is straight forward to knit. If you were knitting your own you could change the ratios of animals and birds.
Down on the farm its tea time for the pig, chickens and farmer's wife
- Made from double thickness yarn for extra insulation
- Fits a medium sized teapot that holds 6 to 8 cups or 2 pints
Materials you need at home:
- 5.5 mm, UK size 5 or US size 9 knitting needles,
- 4.00 mm, UK size 8 or US size 6 Knitting needles,
- 3.25mm, UK size 10 or US size 3 Knitting needles,
- 50g Pink double knitting wool
- 20g Lilac double knitting wool
- 20g flesh double knitting wool
- Small amount of white, brown, red and lemon
- double knitting wool,
- 3mm black seed beads
I design and knit unique tea cosies. I really love designing exciting and unusual tea cosies, its great fun and people don’t mind having an over the top tea cosy. Plus they are a great talking point at tea time and make for brilliant knitting projects.
I have quite a following with regular customers who regularly buy my latest designs from my website TeaCosyFolk.co.uk
I have had a couple of patterns printed in the Simply Knitting Magazine, which is very exciting.