A pair of festive friends! The Father Christmas and snowman dolls are worked predominantly in stockinette, and use an eyelash yarn to make an extra fluffy beard. Designed by Amanda Berry @fluffandfuzz, the dolls are knitted in acrylic DK yarns on single pointed needles (not in the round). The snowman’s arms are i-cord tubes worked on two DPNs. For confident beginners and above, other techniques used include casting on and off, knits, purls, increases and decreases, Swiss darning and seaming to finish.
- Instructions for making the two dolls plus photos.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 5 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
- 15cm tall (without hats)
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.75mm knitting needles (US 5)
- Two 3.5mm DPNs (US 4)
- Double knitting yarns (DK or light worsted weight)
- A fluffy eyelash yarn to knit the beard
- Toy filling
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.