Fen has two versions, and both might be your favorite new garment! Designed with everyday wear in mind, Fen features a slightly boxy shape for a flattering, comfortable fit. The Fen Dress is a casual frock with great pockets, perfect for a day of gardening. The Fen Top is a simple tee that’s sure to be a wardrobe staple. A choose-your-own-adventure hemline means either version can be made with the ever so slight drop hem, or switched to the included shirt-tail hem. The necklines can be interchanged and there are optional sleeves for endless variations! This pattern is beginner friendly and includes sizes 0-20.
RECOMMENDED FABRIC View A: Voile, rayon, light cotton, or silk. Alternately make the tee in light, drapey knit fabric, or combine a knit front and woven back. View B: Mid to lightweight woven linen, cotton, double gauze, chambray or wool.
ADDITIONAL MATERIALS NEEDED Coordinating thread, twin needle (optional), fabric shears, pins, marking tool, measuring tape, sewing machine, iron.
- Illustrated Sewing Pattern
- US Imperial Measurement
- Sizes 0 - 20 (32" - 46.5" bust)
- Interchangeable Neckline and Hemline Options
- Optional Long Sleeve
Materials you need at home:
- (Add 1/2 yd / .5 m to fabric requirements below if you'd like to add the optional long sleeve.)
- View A Fabric Requirements (using 45"/115 cm wide woven fabric) Sizes 0 - 8: 2 yds / 1.8 m, Sizes 10 - 20: 2 1/4 yds / 2.1 m
- View A Fabric Requirements (using 54"/140 cm wide woven fabric) Sizes 0 - 2: 1 3/4 yds / 1.6 m, Sizes 4 - 8: 1 7/8 yds / 1.75 m, Sizes 10 - 20: 2 yds / 1.8 m
- View A Fabric Requirements (using 54"/140 cm wide jersey fabric) Sizes 0 - 8: 1 3/4 yds / 1.6 m, Sizes 10 - 20: 2 yds / 1.8 m
- View B Fabric Requirements (using 45"/115 cm wide woven fabric) Sizes 0 - 2: 3 yds / 2.75 m, Sizes 4 - 8: 3 1/8 yds / 2.9 m, Sizes 10 - 20: 3 1/4 yds / 3 m
- View B Fabric Requirements (using 54"/140 cm wide woven fabric) Sizes 0 - 4: 2 1/2 yds / 2.6 m, Sizes 6 - 8: 2 7/8 yds / 2.7 m, Sizes 10 - 20: 3 yds / 2.75 m
- Coordinating Thread
- Fabric Shears
- Marking Tool
- Measuring Tape
- Sewing Machine
- Twin Needle (optional)
- Serger (optional)
Fancy Tiger Crafts
Fancy Tiger Crafts is a revolutionary shop in Denver, Colorado that specializes in craft supplies, patterns and classes for the modern crafter. Owners Jaime Jennings and Amber Corcoran's vision is to inspire people to reach their crafting potential through modern and sustainable supplies and quality instruction. We believe that making things by hand makes people feel better and that if more people made things, the world would be a better place.
A Denver staple since 2006, Fancy Tiger Crafts expanded in 2012 to their newly renovated location at 59 Broadway. The shop features two large sewing studios and an expansive community space for events and handcrafting. In 2014, Jaime and Amber opened the online store to share the love and inspiration of their little brick and mortar to the world beyond Denver.
Jaime and Amber host Open Craft Night every Tuesday night and we'd love to meet you! Bring your project and knit, spin, crochet, or embroidery with us from 6 – 9pm. If you're ever in the neighborhood, please visit us and say hi!