Knit these Festive Egg Cosies for a cheery Christmas breakfast. The pattern includes the snowman, Santa and reindeer. The cosies are approximately 13 cm tall and 8 cm wide. Most pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. The reindeer’s antlers are i-cord pieces knitted on two double pointed needles (DPNs). You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, knit stripes, and sew seams.
- Instructions for making the three cosies and photos.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 5 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 4mm knitting needles (US 6)
- Two 3.5mm DPNs (US 4)
- Double knitting yarns (DK or light worsted weight)
- Small beads for eyes
- Small amount of toy filling or cotton wool balls) to stuff the heads
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.