Cast on a quartet of cheery Festive Mice characters filled with details. With this knitting pattern you can make four mice: a Fairy, Santa, Caroller and Skier. You could make a mouse Christmas diorama, or add hanging hooks to make them as tree decorations. Designed by Amanda Berry @fluffandfuzz, the mice are knitted in acrylic DK yarns on single pointed needles (not in the round), and the arms, feet and tails are i-cord pieces knitted on two DPNs. For confident beginners and above, techniques used include casting on and off, knits, purls, increases and decreases, and seaming to finish.
- The pattern is 6 pages and written in English.
- Metric measurements are used.
- A materials list and recommended yarns are included.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.5mm knitting needles (US 4)
- A pair of 3.5mm DPNs to work i-cord
- Double knitting yarns (DK or light worsted weight)
- Toy safety eyes
- Toy filling
- Lolly sticks or coffee stirrers for skis
- Felt fabric to make the carollers hymn sheet
- Cocktail sticks for ski poles/fairy wand
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.