These owls are keeping cosy and snug in their festive hats! Each owl uses intarsia colour-work, and increases and decreases for shaping. Designed by Amanda Berry @fluffandfuzz, the owls are knitted in acrylic DK yarns on single pointed needles (not in the round). For confident beginners and above, other techniques used include casting on and off, knits, purls, increases and decreases, and seaming to finish.
- Instructions for making the two owls and hats.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 8 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
- 8cm and 14cm tall
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.5mm knitting needles (US 4)
- DK weight yarns (light worsted weight)
- Toy filling
- Black beads for eyes
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.