Fíniúin; meaning Vine in Gaeilge, is a beanie style hat in two colors and slip stitch cables. This hat is worked in the round from the bottom up. The cables in the main color grow from the two by two rib and intertwine around the hat. The contrast color combines with the main color in a garter stitch background. The hat appears quite complicated but in fact only one color is worked per round as the cable stitches are slipped on contrast color rows.
- Pattern in English
- Gauge 16 stitches by 16 rows = 10 cm (4 inch) square in Stocking Stitch (blocked) using 4.5 mm needles or size that gives the correct gauge.
- Chart and written instructions
- Digital PDF with4 pages
- Suitable for intermediate knitters
- Recommended printing format: booklet
Materials you need at home:
- 4.5 mm (US size 7) dpns/circ as you prefer
- Aran weight wool in two colors, 50g ( 80-100 meters of each)
- cable needle
- tapestry needle
- stitch marker
An Irish Knit Odyssey
Knitting designs by Ciara Ní Reachtnín