The firefighter tea cosy knitting is a fun and unique tea cosy of a firefighter in action with water jetting out of his hosepipe.
His uniform is knitted with neon yarn stripes to give the reflector look. He has 'FIRE' written on his back, and his wearing bright orange gloves.
His helmet is removable to reveal his short and neat hair style.
The hosepipe its self snakes around the back of the firefighter and ends under one of the spout or handle openings. The water is jetting out of the nozzle, and foaming.
He's a lot of fun to make and looks fantastic, who wouldn't want a fireman visiting every tea time?
A heroic firefighter for your teapot, because their used to dealing with hot stuff.
- Made from double thickness yarn for extra insulation
- Has a removable hat which can be casually hung on the spout
- Fits a medium sized teapot that holds 6 to 8 cups or 2 pints
Materials you need at home:
- 5.5 mm, UK size 5 or US size 9 knitting needles,
- 4.00 mm, UK size 8 or US size 6 Knitting needles,
- 3.75 mm, UK size 9 or US size 5 Knitting needles,
- 57g black Double knitting wool,
- 7g silver double knitting wool,
- 23g sunshine double knitting wool,
- 10g fleshtone double knitting wool,
- 8g walnut double knitting wool,
- 7g King Cole Big Value Neon DK Sherbet,
- 5g white double knitting wool,
- 3g jaffa double knitting wool,
- 7g burgundy double knitting wool,
- 4g cloud blue double knitting wool,
I design and knit unique tea cosies. I really love designing exciting and unusual tea cosies, its great fun and people don’t mind having an over the top tea cosy. Plus they are a great talking point at tea time and make for brilliant knitting projects.
I have quite a following with regular customers who regularly buy my latest designs from my website TeaCosyFolk.co.uk
I have had a couple of patterns printed in the Simply Knitting Magazine, which is very exciting.