Introducing my Fishy Wishy knitting pattern. You can knit this little fish as a cat toy, or make a shoal of fish to hang from a baby crib mobile. If you are making your fish as a pet toy, do not use buttons for eyes as these could be pulled off and swallowed. Fishy is 12 cm long and 5.5 cm tall. All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. The eyes are knitted bobbles and instructions on how to knit a bobble are included. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, knit stripes, and sew seams.
- Instructions for making the fish.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 3 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.5mm knitting needles (US 4)
- DK yarn (double knitting or light worsted weight)
- Toy filling
- Stitch holder
- Small buttons for eyes
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.