Flamingo and Stork are best friends, and are having a quick sit down together to give those long legs a rest. Stork would make a lovely baby shower gift for new parents. These toys are worked mostly in stockinette, with garter stitch wings and tails. Designed by Amanda Berry @fluffandfuzz, the toys are knitted in acrylic DK yarns on single pointed needles (not in the round). The long legs are i-cord tubes worked on two DPNs. For confident beginners and above, other techniques used include casting on and off, knits, purls, increases and decreases, and seaming to finish.
- Instructions for making the stork and flamingo plus photos.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 7 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
- 42 cm tall
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.75mm knitting needles (US 5)
- Two 3.75mm DPNs (US 5)
- DK yarn (double knitting or light worsted weight)
- Toy filling
- Beads for eyes
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.