Flamingo and Stork
Introducing my Flamingo and Stork knitting pattern. The birds are 42 cm tall with their long legs. Most pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. The legs are i-cord pieces knitted on two double pointed needles (DPNs). You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, and sew seams.
- Instructions for making the stork and flamingo plus photos.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 7 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.75mm knitting needles (US 5)
- Two 3.75mm DPNs (US 5)
- DK yarn (double knitting or light worsted weight)
- Toy filling
- Beads for eyes
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.