The Flamingo Tea Cosy is a delightful tea cosy with pink, feathery flamingos adorning the top in what looks like a flamingo embrace.
The main part of the flamingo body is knitted in a lovely loopy stitch that echos the flamingo plumage. Then their long necks come up and create a heart shape. The heart shape necks and the tenderness of the two flamingos, makes the tea cosy perfect as a Valentines tea cosy.
I love their bright pink legs that look as if they are bending the wrong way, and on the tea cosy each of the flamingos has their legs on opposite sides of the cosy.
The flamingo tea cosy is so on trend with the flamingos, and it's very unusual to find pink tea cosies. This tea cosy is perfect for anyone who loves flamingos or who is looking for a feathery Valentines tea cosy.
The flamingo tea cosy fits a medium sized teapot that holds 6 to 8 cups or 2 pints.
The pattern will be available for digital download as soon as you have completed purchase, so you could start knitting it very soon!
This product is the knitting pattern only to make your own flamingo tea cosy.
- Digital Download Pattern
- made from double thickness yarn for extra insulation
- fits a medium sized teapot that holds 6 to 8 cups or 2 pints
Materials you need at home:
- 5.5 mm, UK size 5 or US size 9 knitting needles,
- 4.00 mm, UK size 8 or US size 6 Knitting needles,
- 40g Stylecraft Special DK Fondant,
- 30g Stylecraft Special DK Duck Egg,
- 8g Stylecraft Special DK Pomegranate,
- 4g Stylecraft Special DK White,
- 3g Stylecraft Special DK Black,
- 26cm of 10mm clear syphon tube,
I design and knit unique tea cosies. I really love designing exciting and unusual tea cosies, its great fun and people don’t mind having an over the top tea cosy. Plus they are a great talking point at tea time and make for brilliant knitting projects.
I have quite a following with regular customers who regularly buy my latest designs from my website TeaCosyFolk.co.uk
I have had a couple of patterns printed in the Simply Knitting Magazine, which is very exciting.