A very cosy and unique blanket/throw featuring a flock of fluffy sheep. Perfect for snuggling up on the sofa with your little one.
Easy to knit in stocking stitch and a coloured intarsia chart to follow for the sheep. There is a twisted rib border around the blanket which you knit as you go along and this avoids the edges curling.
Measurements 82 cm wide x 90 cm long (32 in wide x 36 in long)
Yarn I used: Background - James C. Brett With Wool Aran in colour 76 Sheep - 1 - 50 gram ball King Cole Cuddles Chunky in colour 350 White Sheep – 1 – 100 gram ball Stylecraft Special Aran in colour Black 102
Other suggested yarns: Berroco Vintage Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran James C. Brett with Wool Aran King Cole Big Value Aran King Cole Merino Blend Aran Rico Design Essentials Soft Merino Aran Sirdar Supersoft Aran
Tension - 18 sts and 24 rows to 10 cm (4 inches) over stocking stitch
The blanket is knitting backwards and forwards on the circular needle
- Illustrated 5 page Knitting Pattern
- US Imperial Measurement / Metric Measurement
- Coloured charts for the Sheep, *Notes on how to knit intarsia (pictures)
Materials you need at home:
- 1 - 400 grams blue (640 meters, 698 yards) Aran/Worsted Yarn
- 1 - 50 gram ball King Cole Cuddles Chunky or 2 – 25 gram balls of Sirdar Snowflake Chunky (125 meters, 137 yards)
- 1 - 100 gram ball Black (196 meters, 214 yards) Aran/Worsted Yarn
- Knitting Needles – 1 circular 5 mm (UK6 – US8) 100 cm long
I first started to design clothes for my children when they were younger and went on to sell garments through shops and craft fairs. I also taught the use of machine knitting and knitwear design. I later followed a career in IT, but I now have grandchildren and whilst hand knitting for them was inspired to start designing and creating knitting patterns again.