- Illustrated Knitting Pattern
- US Imperial Measurement / Metric Measurement
- Size 40 cm x 40 cm (16 x 16 inches)
- Suitable for Intermediate Knitters
- Large coloured charts to follow for the sheep
Materials you need at home:
- Aran/Worsted Yarn (10 ply)
- 2 -100 gram balls – Green Grass
- 1 - 100 gram ball- White
- 1 - 50 gram ball- Black
- 4 buttons
- Knitting needles - 1 pair of 4 mm (UK8 - US6)
- Knitting needles - 1 pair of 5 mm (UK6 – US8)
- Knitting bobbins will be useful to knit the sheep
A striking and fun cushion to knit in Aran or Worsted (10 ply) yarn for your favourite chair or sofa. The knitting pattern gives full instructions and there are clear, large charts to follow for knitting the sheep.
The pillow measurements 40 cm x 40 cm (16in x 16in)
Materials – All Aran/Worsted Yarn (10 ply) 2 -100 gram balls – Green Grass 1 - 100 gram ball- White 1 - 50 gram ball- Black Suggestions for yarns and links to suppliers are given in the knitting pattern.
Other Supplies required: Knitting Needles 1 pair of 4 mm (UK8 - US6) 1 pair of 5 mm (UK6 – US8) 4 buttons
Tension 18 stitches and 24 rows to 4 inches (10 cm) over stocking stitch on 5 mm (UK6 – US8)
The cushion is knitted in one piece and the back has a four button opening for easy removal of the cover for washing. Add some lovely sheep buttons to add interest to the back of the cushion.
If you already have Aran/Worsted yarns (10 ply) these could be used as long as they match the gauge as above. Change the background colour to knit a unique cushion for your home or knit as a gift for someone special.
I first started to design clothes for my children when they were younger and went on to sell garments through shops and craft fairs. I also taught the use of machine knitting and knitwear design. I later followed a career in IT, but I now have grandchildren and whilst hand knitting for them was inspired to start designing and creating knitting patterns again.