A very cosy and unique blanket/throw featuring a flock of sheep including a black one. Perfect for snuggling up on the sofa with your little one. This would make a stunning feature in your home or knit it as a gift for someone special.
Easy to knit in stocking stitch and there are large coloured intarsia charts to follow for the sheep. A moss stitch border around the blanket is knitted as you go along and this avoids the edges curling.
- Illustrated Knitting Pattern with large charts
- US Imperial Measurement / Metric Measurement
- 2 sizes are included, Small Throw measures 82 cm wide x 90 cm long (32 in wide x 36 in long), Large Throw measures 92 cm wide x 112 cm long (36 in wide x 44 in long)
- Suitable for Intermediate Knitters
Materials you need at home:
- Yarn required is Worsted/Aran (10 ply yarn), - Three different suggestions for yarns are given in the pattern together with links to suppliers.
- Knitting Needles – 1 circular 5 mm (UK6 – US8) 100 cm long, - The blanket is knitted backwards and forwards on the circular needle
- Yarn bobbins are useful for knitting the sheep
I first started to design clothes for my children when they were younger and went on to sell garments through shops and craft fairs. I also taught the use of machine knitting and knitwear design. I later followed a career in IT, but I now have grandchildren and whilst hand knitting for them was inspired to start designing and creating knitting patterns again.