The Flock of Sheep Winter Warmers knitting pattern features white fluffy sheep and includes instructions for the gloves, hat and 2 sizes of cowls.
I have knitted the main colour in green, but you could change the colour of the Aran/Worsted (10 ply) yarn to match your outfit.
This is a good project to try your hand at Intarsia knitting. There are large, colour charts to follow for knitting the sheep.
Alternative yarns for the main yarn can be used provided the tension is matched as follows: Tension: 18 stitches, 24 rows to 10cm/4" using stocking stitch
- Illustrated Knitting Pattern
- US Imperial Measurement / Metric Measurement
- Sizes Small/Medium and Large
- Suitable for Beginners who wish to try their hand at intarsia knitting
- Large coloured charts for knitting the sheep
Materials you need at home:
- 3/4 balls Sirdar Supersoft Aran in Sugarsnap 917
- 1 ball King Cole Cuddles Chunky in White 350
- 1 ball Stylecraft Special Aran in Black 102
- 1 circular knitting needle 5 mm (UK6 – US8) 100 cm long
- 1 pair of 4 mm (UK8 - USA6) knitting needles
- yarn bobbins are useful when knitting the sheep.
I first started to design clothes for my children when they were younger and went on to sell garments through shops and craft fairs. I also taught the use of machine knitting and knitwear design. I later followed a career in IT, but I now have grandchildren and whilst hand knitting for them was inspired to start designing and creating knitting patterns again.