Floral Cat Hand Embroidery Pattern
Your purchase includes:
1) A 'Pattern' file This file is is 14 pages long and includes the following:
- Supply list
- Printable pattern in two sizes (to fit 7 inch and 8 inch hoops)
- Pattern guide for TWO DIFFERENT COLOR SCHEMES (includes key for embroidery stitches and color suggestions)
- Basic written steps for what order to complete your stitches
2) An 'Embroidery Guide' This file is 24 pages long and contains the following:
- Detailed information on supplies and what to look for when purchasing them
- My personal tips to help make your embroidery experience as easy as possible
- A stitch glossary that illustrates how to execute the stitches used in my patterns
The stitches taught and used in this pattern include:
- Colonial knots
- Satin stitch
- Stem stitch
- Split stitch
The combined file size is 8.24 MB. The pattern is written in English.
This pattern is suitable for all skill levels.
This pattern and its content are the property of Ell Violet, © Ell Violet 2018 and is for personal use only.
- Illustrated embroidery pattern, stitch key and color chart
- US imperial measurement
- Photographs of finished design
- Suitable for beginners
Materials you need at home:
- Embroidery needle(s)
- Embroidery scissors
- Quilting cotton fabric or similar non-stretch cotton, approx 12 x 12 inch in size
- Fabric shears or sharp scissors
- Six strand embroidery floss
- Embroidery hoop, 7 or 8 inch circular / 6 x 7.5 inch oval
- Your choice of transfer tools to trace the pattern (eg. erasable pen, light box, carbon paper)
- Fabric paint and brushes (optional)
- Hot glue gun and glue (optional)
- Iron (optional)
- Mild detergent (optional)
- Sticky tape (optional)
I am a mixed media artist whose work focuses on celebrating the beauty of flora and fauna. My pieces combine delicate embroidered elements with painting, bead work and sequins.
I began offering hand embroidery patterns as a way to share my enjoyment of the process with others. Whether you are a complete beginner or seasoned creator, I hope you find something that inspires you!
If you purchase a pattern and would like to share your work, please don't hesitate to tag me @ellvioletdesign on Instagram. I would love to see what you come up with :)