Flourish Clutch- pleated, framed purse sewing pattern
The Flourish Clutch is an elegant sewing pattern for creating a framed clutch in a rectangle frame. This pattern is simple to put together and ends up with fantastic results. You can create it from luxurious silks and satins for an evening clutch, or use a beautiful patterned cotton for a more casual look. It can even be made with thin vinyl or leather. You can make it in three sizes. This pattern is best for intermediate sewers and up. Diagrams and a photo tutorial are included.
DIMENSIONS: Small: 8” long, 3.5” tall, 3.5” deep, (20cm x 9cm x 9cm) Medium: 9” long, 5” tall, 5” deep, (25.5cm x 12.5cm x 12.5cm) Large: 11” long, 5” tall, 5” deep, (30.5cm x 12.5cm x 12.5cm)
MATERIALS REQUIRED: - Exterior fabric, interior fabric - Fusible Fleece interfacing - Lightweight woven fusible interfacing - Medium-weight sew-in interfacing - Foam interfacing - (1) rectangle purse frame, 6"x3" or 8"x3". The Large purse is made with a 8" (20cm) frame, the Medium and Small sizes are both made with a 6" (15cm) frame. All sizes include modifications for a frame that is 2.5" high instead of 3".
WHERE DO I BUY THESE FRAMES? I also include a fairly lengthy list on my blog of online sources located around the world who sell these frames: http://www.toriska.com/blog/2016/7/22/where-to-buy-frames-for-the-flourish-and-curvaceous-patterns
The pattern provides alternate interfacing suggestions.
This pattern includes 18 pages of instructions, with detailed diagrams and a photo tutorial. There are 22 pages of the printable pattern. Pattern instructions are given in both inches and centimeters. This can be printed on Letter or A4 paper.
YES! You may sell items made from this pattern. No, you may not distribute the actual pattern, I own it, copyright 2015, All Rights Reserved.
- framed purse sewing pattern for intermediate sewers
- instructions included for glue-in and sew-in frames
- three sizes included
- measurements in inches/centimeters
- prints on Letter size or A4
Materials you need at home:
- Frame for Small and Medium sizes 6” x 3” or 6” x 2.5” (15.3cm x 7.6cm or 6.3cm)
- Frame for Large size 8” x 3” or 8” x 2.5”, (20.3cm x 7.6cm or 6.3cm)
- Exterior fabric 16” x 13” (41cm x 33cm) - 20” x 18” (51cm x 46cm)
- Interior fabric 14” x 11” (36cm x 28cm) - 16” x 14” (41cm x 36cm)
- Fusible fleece interfacing 1/4 yd - 1/3 yd
- Woven fusible interfacing 1/3 yd - 2/3 yds
- Medium sew-in interfacing 1/4 yd - 1/3 yd
- Foam interfacing 10” x 8” (26cm x 21cm) - 13” x 11” (33cm x 28cm)
- Free arm sewing machine
- Glue, such as E-6000, Amazing Goop, or Gutermans.
I'm Tori of Toriska Bags. I love creating PDF sewing patterns. When I'm not sewing purses I am sewing clothes for myself and my four children or reading a book.