Sew these delightfully happy boots to keep little feet snug and warm this winter. These simple -to-sew yet impressive boots are carefully designed to be both practical and adorable, like a big hug for little feet!
Baby Sizes * Size 1: 0-3m * Size 2: 3-6m * Size 3: 6-9m * Size 4: 9-12m * Size 5: 12-18m
Pattern Features: *Gentle elastic secretly enclosed between the layers so they stay on well. *Leather/suede can be used for the sole *Fully lined - no scratchy exposed seams here!
View printable shoe size chart: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1083/5260/files/Shoe_Boot_Size_Guide.pdf?7152758743096216347
For more information, pictures and other patterns, please visit: http://www.twigandtale.com/
- Size range 0-3 months to approximately 12-18months
- Fully lined, no exposed seams
- Beautiful step by step tutorial
- Skill level Adventurous beginner
- US Imperial Measurement and Metric Measurements
Materials you need at home:
- Exterior Wool fabric, wool blends, denim, cord or other fabric with reasonable structure. If you use a softer fabric such as fleece, it will create a more slouchy boot. I also like to use wool cut from upcycled felted sweaters (one which has shrunk after going through a hot wash, for example) or soft woolen blankets. Felted sweaters can be thick, so you may need to go up a size. Instructions on how to felt a sweater are below.
- Lining Cotton, linen, flannel or other breathable fabric.
- Insoles Wool from felted woolen sweater or blanket.
- Soles Leather or suede - I use an old skirt or jacket from the thrift store. You could use corduroy or denim for non-walkers.
- Spool of coordinating thread
- 4-6 binder clips (approximately 1” or 2.5cm), as pins will leave holes in your suede/leather. You could use small pegs or magic clips.
- Elastic (1/4" or 6mm wide) - 5-7" (15-18cm), depending on the boot size.
- Leather sewing machine needle if using medium weight or heavyweight leather for soles.
- If using a heavyweight wool, you might benefit from using a walking foot. , , *Twig & Tale patterns pair wonderfully with recycled fabrics. Look to accidentally shrunken sweaters, blankets and woolen skirts or trousers garments for inspiration.
Twig + Tale
From my treehouse studio hidden within the New Zealand forest, I draft clothing and toy patterns that capture the essence of childhood storybooks. To me, sewing is a magical journey, full of adventure and the wonderful tales that each material holds. I believe in reusing fabrics when possible and bringing new life to old things, in spending time (sometimes together, sometimes alone) to let the spirit run free.
Twig & Tale is for everyone who shares a love of creativity and an adventurous spirit—beginner sewers especially! It's a celebration of the innocence of childhood and the wonder of nature. It's about comfy clothes and warm things like hugs and capes and coats. It's about handmade, love, and imaginary play—featuring classic, simple patterns that inspire us all to tell a story.