A knitting pattern for a sweater with hood - your youngster will love to wear this Football Hoodie!
The jumper features a Football on the front and is knitted in Aran/Worsted (10 ply) yarn. This is a striking, warm and trendy sweater for children from 2 to 12 years.
Three Colours used. Any Aran/Worsted yarn (10 ply) can be used so long as it matches the tension – 18 sts and 24 rows to 10 cm (4 inches) over stocking stitch using 5mm needles.
The garment shown is knitted in Stylecraft Special Aran – Denim (1302), White (1001), Lipstick (1246)
Needles: 1 pair of 5 mm (UK6 - USA8) and 1 pair of 4 mm (UK8 - USA6)
An easy and quick design to knit. The pattern includes colour coded sizes for ages from 2 to 12 years and a large full-page coloured intarsia chart for the Football.
- Age range included in the pattern 2 to 2 years
- Illustrated Knitting Pattern
- US Imperial Measurement / Metric Measurement
- Large coloured intarsia chart for the Football
Materials you need at home:
- Aran/Worsted Yarn (10 ply) in 3 colours
- Knitting Needles - 1 pair of 5 mm (UK6 - USA8) and 1 pair of 4 mm (UK8 - USA6)
- Knitting bobbins will be useful for knitting the intarsia
I first started to design clothes for my children when they were younger and went on to sell garments through shops and craft fairs. I also taught the use of machine knitting and knitwear design. I later followed a career in IT, but I now have grandchildren and whilst hand knitting for them was inspired to start designing and creating knitting patterns again.