- Written and charted pattern
- Instructions in English
- US Imperial and metric measurements
- Suitable for the intermediate knitter
- Links to tutorials by the designer for techniques used
- Gauge: approx. 12.8 sts / 24.6 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) over body pattern. Gauge is however not critical in the For Deborah shawl design.
- Digital PDF has 7 pages (letter size).
Deborah is one of the lovely ladies who often test knit my patterns. So when she expressed a fondness of a specific shawl construction combined with lots of lace I was happy to oblige with a design containing all those elements. This one is for you, Deborah!
This shawl is knitted from the top-down in one piece, starting at the neck edge with a garter tab. The For Deborah shawl is finished with an edging that is knitted on sideways and attached to the live stitches of the body as it is being worked. The instructions for the edging are provided charted and written out.
Size and finished measurements: Finished dimensions of the sample shawl: span width of 166 cm (65 ¼ inches) along the upper edge and a depth of 86 cm (33 ¾ inches), measured after blocking.
Difficulty level: This shawl is started with a garter stitch tab. Stitches used include knit, purl, skp, k2tog, a centered double decrease and yo. This pattern is suitable for the intermediate knitter.