Knitting pattern for a Child's Fox Hoodie for ages birth to 8 years.
Soft and fluffy foxes feature on this Hoodie. Easy to knit in moss stitch and stocking stitch with the garment knitted in one piece up to the armholes. The foxes are knitted on the fronts and back of the front fastening jacket and is a great pattern for trying your hand at intarsia knitting (picture knitting). Instructions are given in the pattern.
The pattern uses 3 to 6 (dependant on size) 50 gram balls for the main colour in double knitting yarn DK/8 ply (11 wpi). A small amount of orange and black double knitting yarn is required for the foxes plus 1 – ball King Cole Cuddles Chunky yarn or similar fluffy yarn.
Knitting needles required are 1 pair 4 mm (UK8 - USA6) and 1 pair of 3¼ mm (UK10 - USA3)
3/4 small buttons are required for the front of the cardigan.
Tension - 22 stiches and 28 rows 10cm (4 inches) using 4 mm (UK8 - USA6) needles over stocking stitch.
Pattern Language - English
- Illustrated Knitting Pattern
- US Imperial Measurement / Metric Measurement
- Ages birth to 8 years
- Large intarsia chart for the Fox
Materials you need at home:
- 3 to 6 (dependant on size) 50g balls main for the main colour in double knitting yarn DK/8 ply (11 wpi)
- Small amounts of white fluffy yarn, black and orange double knitting yarn for the Fox
- 3-4 buttons
- 1 pair 4 mm (U8 - USA6) knitting needles
- 1 pair of 3 ¼ mm (UK10 - USA3) knitting needles
I first started to design clothes for my children when they were younger and went on to sell garments through shops and craft fairs. I also taught the use of machine knitting and knitwear design. I later followed a career in IT, but I now have grandchildren and whilst hand knitting for them was inspired to start designing and creating knitting patterns again.