Foxes are so easy to fall in love with, with their beautiful fiery red coats and bushy tails, and cute little expressions and the fox tea cosy has got it all; the plush coat, the beautiful brush and a pointed little face with big eyes.
The plushness of the fox tea cosy is because of the King Cole Moments yarn in cream and squirrel shades.
This tea cosy has been designed to look like a real fox rather than a a stylised fox tea cosy. Care has been taken to study the fox's form and colourings to offer a realistic look.
The knitting pattern is easy to read with clear instructions of how to knit and assemble the fox.
More commonly seen in the countryside, woodland or urban scene, the timid red fox is starting to make more of an appearance at tea times up and down the country, could this be the greater fluffy tea fox?
- This Tea Cosy fits a medium sized teapot that holds 6 to 8 cups or 2 pints
Materials you need at home:
- What you will need to make the pattern
- 5.5 mm, UK size 5 or US size 9 knitting needles,
- 4.00 mm, UK size 8 or US size 6 Knitting needles,
- 50g Red Brown double knitting wool
- 20g grey double knitting wool
- 20g Bark brown double knitting wool
- 50g King Cole Moments cream double knitting wool,
- 50g King Cole Moments squirrel double knitting
- Small amount of black double knitting wool
- And Stuffing
I design and knit unique tea cosies. I really love designing exciting and unusual tea cosies, its great fun and people don’t mind having an over the top tea cosy. Plus they are a great talking point at tea time and make for brilliant knitting projects.
I have quite a following with regular customers who regularly buy my latest designs from my website TeaCosyFolk.co.uk
I have had a couple of patterns printed in the Simply Knitting Magazine, which is very exciting.