Framboos is a crescent-shaped shawl worked from the top-down. Its stockinette body will let that special skein of fingering weight yarn shine. The lace edging with its lovely picot finishing makes this shawl a true stunner.
The shawl is started with a garter stitch tab, the lace in the border is knit on both right side and wrong side rows. The instructions for the border of the shawl are provided both fully charted and written out. Instructions for changing the size of the shawl are also included.
Difficulty level: The shawl is started with a garter stitch tab in combination with a provisional cast on. Stitches used include knit, purl, k2tog, skp, yo and double yo. This pattern is suitable for the intermediate to advanced knitter.
Size and finished measurements: Finished dimensions of the sample shawl (easily adjusted!): A wingspan of 160 cm (63 inches) and a depth of 47 cm (18 ½ inches), measured after blocking.
- Written and charted pattern
- Instructions in English
- US Imperial and metric measurements
- Suitable for the intermediate to advanced knitter
- Written for a gauge of 16 sts / 23 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) over stockinette after blocking. Gauge is not critical for this design, but a loose gauge is strongly advised.
- Digital PDF has 4 pages (letter size).
Materials you need at home:
- 415 m (454 yds) / 100 g Araucania Huasco / Botany Lace [100% merino wool]. Substitute any wool fingering weight yarn for a similar result.
- Size 4 mm (US 6) / 80 cm (32 inch) circular needles.
- Waste yarn for provisional cast on.
- Yarn needle.
- 41 stitch markers (optional).
How lovely to meet you! I’m Susanne Visch and I live in the Netherlands. Not only the country of tulips, cheese, and windmills but also of Dutch Design.
I find it important to provide user-friendly instructions for interesting patterns. In most cases, my patterns feature both written and charted instructions, with detailed explanations of the techniques used.