FREE Bampton Drawstring Bag in 3 sizes with video
This cute drawstring bag is perfect for beginners and those new to sewing, kids or returning to sewing after a long break. There are 3 sizes included in the pattern, and a full-length video sew-along designed especially for beginners.
Features of the Bampton Drawstring Bag sewing pattern
- The pattern comes in three sizes, small, medium and large
- The instructions come as a PDF download (it’s FREE) and include step by step written instructions with photos
- There is a full-length video tutorial
- Each bag is an extended half circle
- The bag has a large wide opening at the top and a smooth curved base
- There are two drawstrings which can be ribbon or cord
- When cinched the top gathers up tightly which looks pretty
- The cinched up drawstrings can be tied in a bow to keep the top tightly closed
There are three sizes of the bag included in the one pattern. Here are the sizes: * Small – 9.75″ across x 6.5″ tall * Medium -12″ across x 8″ tall * Large – 15″ across x 10″ tall
The pattern pieces for the small and medium print over two pages each, the large prints on 4 sheets. You can choose to print just one size or print them all. Printing the instructions is optional. You can view them as you sew on a tablet or laptop to follow the instructions, or you can follow along with the sew-along video.
Sewing video tutorial included
The sewing video is also FREE and is perfect for beginners. I take it really slow and go through everything that you would need to know. I assume that you already understand the basics of sewing and how to use your sewing machine, but everything else is covered in detail so you won’t put a stitch wrong and will get the perfect result for your Bampton Drawstring Bag pattern.
- Full sewing pattern and instructions with printable pattern pieces
- Full video sew-along tutorial for complete beginners
- Step by step photo instructions with measurements in inches and cm
Materials you need at home:
- Quilting cotton or other similar fabric for both the outer and lining
- Fabric requirement depends on size sewn
- Optional light interfacing
- Ribbon or cord for the drawstrings
Sew Simple Bags
Hello and welcome to Sew Simple Bags, where my range of easy sewing patterns for bags of all types can give you great results even if you are a complete beginner. You’ll find sewing patterns for totes, purses, organizers and storage, wallets and more, all written with the beginner in mind. Many of the patterns come with a full step by step sewing video tutorial so you won't put a stitch wrong.