The French Can-Can Girl tea cosy or couvre-théière is a saucy little number; with her hair in a French pleat with white plumes of feathers springing from it. She kicks up her stockinged legs, showing off her petticoats as she dances the Can-can.
This would be the perfect tea cosy for anyone into Vintage or Burlesque style or anyone who loves France.
The Can-can Girl tea cosy knitting pattern is a super project to knit and is easy to follow.
Oh la la! Feeling all français? Well you Can-Can with this beautiful burlesque tea cosy keeping your tea hot.
- Made from double thickness yarn for extra insulation
- Fits a medium sized teapot that holds 6 to 8 cups or 2 pints
Materials you need at home:
- 5.5 mm, UK size 5 or US size 9 knitting needles,
- 4.00 mm, UK size 8 or US size 6 Knitting needles,
- 40g pink double knitting wool
- 40g White double knitting wool
- 20g flesh double knitting wool
- 20g Black Double knitting wool
- 30g White Eskimo double knitting wool
- And Stuffing
I design and knit unique tea cosies. I really love designing exciting and unusual tea cosies, its great fun and people don’t mind having an over the top tea cosy. Plus they are a great talking point at tea time and make for brilliant knitting projects.
I have quite a following with regular customers who regularly buy my latest designs from my website TeaCosyFolk.co.uk
I have had a couple of patterns printed in the Simply Knitting Magazine, which is very exciting.