- fits a medium sized teapot that holds 6 to 8 cups or 2 pints
Materials you need at home:
- What you will need to make the pattern , *5.5 mm, UK size 5 or US size 9 knitting needles, , *4.00 mm, UK size 8 or US size 6 Knitting needles,
- 3.25 mm, UK size 10 or US size 3 Knitting needles,
- 46g cream double knitting wool,
- 27g grass green double knitting wool,
- 11g black double knitting wool,
- 6g soft peach each double knitting wool,
- 6g sunshine double knitting wool,
- 3g white double knitting wool,
- A pair of 18mm brown safety eyes,
I was commissioned to design the Friesian Cow tea cosy. I was asked to include a cowbell and to have her chewing grass, and to have an udder.
Friesian cow's are dairy cow's so I gave her a large udder. In her mouthful of grass I thought it would be lovely to include a daisy. After reticently visiting a cow milking facility, what I noticed was that they have very bony bottoms, and I have tried to include this.
I think this tea cosy is charming and has a morning and breakfast tea time feel.
This Tea Cosy: is made from double thickness yarn for extra insulation
I design and knit unique tea cosies. I really love designing exciting and unusual tea cosies, its great fun and people don’t mind having an over the top tea cosy. Plus they are a great talking point at tea time and make for brilliant knitting projects.
I have quite a following with regular customers who regularly buy my latest designs from my website TeaCosyFolk.co.uk
I have had a couple of patterns printed in the Simply Knitting Magazine, which is very exciting.