Ribbit! This Froggy is quick to knit, and uses only four stitches (knit, purl, a k2tog decrease and a kfb increase). In Roman times, frogs were considered lucky and believed to bring good fortune to your home, so you can knit a frog as a cute housewarming gift, or to bring some woolly joy to your home. Designed by Amanda Berry @fluffandfuzz, the frog is knitted in acrylic DK yarns on single pointed needles (not in the round). For confident beginners and above, other techniques used include casting on and off, and seaming to finish.
- Instructions for making the frog plus photos.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 4 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.5mm knitting needles (US 4)
- Double knitting yarns (DK or light worsted weight)
- Toy filling
- Buttons for eyes
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.