- The pattern has row numbers for each step so you don’t lose your place
- instructions for making the frog, snail, bee and butterfly with photos
- a list of abbreviations and explanation of some techniques
- a materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 6 pages and written in English.
FROGS AND BUGS TOY KNITTING PATTERNS
These little creepy crawlies are quick to knit, and are a super way to use up odds and ends in your yarn stash. This knitting pattern includes instructions to make four toys, including a snail, bumble bee, butterfly and frog.
TECHNIQUES: All pieces are knitted flat on straight knitting needles, apart from the arms and legs which are i-cord knitted on two DPNs. You will need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, sew seams, change colour at the end of a row (knit stripes) and knit i-cord. The snail pattern incorporates short rows to knit the shell. I have a free tutorial on how to work short rows to help you on my website at http://fluffandfuzz.weebly.com/tutorials1/how-to-wrap-and-turn-and-work-short-rows
FINISHED SIZE: The toys are approximately 7cm to 13cm tall.