Introducing my Frogs and Bugs knitting pattern, including a frog, bee, snail and butterfly. These range in size from 7 cm to 13 cm tall. Most pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. The arms and legs are i-cord knitted on two DPNs. The snail pattern incorporates short row shaping. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, and sew seams.
- Instructions for making the frog, snail, bee and butterfly.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 6 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.5mm knitting needles (US 4)
- Double knitting yarns (DK or light worsted weight)
- Beads for eyes
- A dew handfuls of toy filling
- A darning or tapestry needle
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.