These little knitted Fruit and Vegetables make super decorations, or you can use them in dolls’ tea parties or teddy bears’ picnics. This knitting pattern includes the tomato, carrot, apple, pear, orange, pea pod, and a basket to pile them all up in. Designed by Amanda Berry @fluffandfuzz, these are knitted in acrylic DK yarns on single pointed needles (not in the round). The stalks and basket handles are i-cord tubes worked on two DPNs. All the samples in the photos have been knitted from the same pattern, but some are using different coloured yarns than the one suggested. For confident beginners and above, other techniques used include casting on and off, knits, purls, increases and decreases, and seaming to finish.
- Instructions for making the fruit, vegetables and basket plus photos
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 8 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of 3.5mm straight knitting needles (US 4)
- Two 3.5mm DPNs
- A pair of 4mm straight knitting needles (US 6)
- Two 4mm DPNs
- DK yarns (double knitting or light worsted weight)
- Toy filling
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.