My basket of Fruit and Vegetables includes a tomato, carrot, apple, pear, orange, pea pod, and a basket to carry them in. The sizes of the fruit and vegetables vary between 3.5 cm and 10 cm, and the basket is 11 cm long and 4 cm tall. Most pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. The stalks and basket handles which are i-cord tubes knitted on two double pointed needles (DPNs). You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, and sew seams.
- Instructions for making the fruit, vegetables and basket plus photos
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 7 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of 3.5mm straight knitting needles (US 4)
- Two 3.5mm DPNs
- A pair of 4mm straight knitting needles (US 6)
- Two 4mm DPNs
- DK yarns (double knitting or light worsted weight)
- Toy filling
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.