Gabriella is a peaceful angel, with gold metallic yarn to bring some sparkle! Designed by Amanda Berry @fluffandfuzz, the angel is knitted in acrylic DK yarns on single pointed needles (not in the round), and the arms are i-cord tubes worked on two DPNs. For confident beginners and above, other techniques used include casting on and off, knits, purls, increases and decreases, and seaming to finish. The hair is embroidered onto the head after making up.
- Instructions for making the angel and photos.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 3 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
- 11.5cm tall
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.75mm knitting needles (US 5)
- Two 3.5mm DPNs (US 4)
- Double knitting yarns (DK or light worsted weight)
- Fingering yarn (3 ply) in gold
- Embroidery thread for eyes
- Toy filling
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.