This pattern is size US12 // UK16 // EU44. Our measurements table and total ease allowance information can be found in the photo gallery.
If you wish to purchase different sizes EU34-EU52, you can find links to the size needed at the end of this description.
About Gail jacket:
Gail is a lined, semi-fitted, straight-cut jacket padded with synthetic down insulation. It features horizontal quilting on the front and back and diagonal quilting on the sleeves. The front is shaped with bust darts. The jacket has a shortened shoulder line and two-piece, set-in sleeves. The round silhouette of the sleeve is achieved with a shaped overarm seam. Gail features a stand collar and welt pockets at the front. It has a center front closure with a separating zipper and a zipper guard. There are belt loops at the sides of the garment for securing the tie belt. Gail is hip-length. Model Sofia: Height 172 cm (5'8"), Bust 84 cm (33 1/8”), Waist 64 cm (25 1/4”), Hips 90 cm (35 3/8”). Sofia is wearing size 36 in height 3. Model Yana: Height 174 cm (5’8”), Bust 107 cm (42 1/8”), Waist 87 cm (34 1/4”), Hips 122 cm (48”). For Yana we combined sizes 48 for the waist and 52 for the hips in height 3. Approximate sewing time: 24 hours (3 days).
To sew this jacket, choose fabrics with the following properties: - light- to medium-weight, soft, non- or low-stretch, windproof and water-resistant - the fabric content can include natural fibers (cotton), artificial fibers (viscose, acetate), blends (cotton + polyester, etc.), and synthetics (polyester, polyester + elastane, terylene/dacron) - the following fabrics are recommended: outerwear fabrics, gabardine, dewspo, taslan, membrane, taffeta, PU-coated polyester - for the insulation, use alpolux, isosoft, thinsulate, polyester batting 100 g/m2 + swan dawn - for the interlining, use spunbond 30 g/m2. Attention! We do not recommend heavyweight, thick, stretchy fabrics (coating fabric etc.). For the lining, choose lining fabrics made of artificial fibers (viscose), blends (viscose + elastane, viscose + polyester), or synthetics (polyester, polyester + elastane). The jacket in the photos is made of outerwear fabric. This fabric is thin, soft, windproof, and water-resistant. The lining is 100% viscose. Alpolux 100 g/m2 was used for the insulation. Spunbond 30 g/m2 was used for the interlining. This material is also known as "agrotex" and can additionally be found in gardening or hardware stores. Synthetic swan down filling is made of 100% polyester fiber.
More sizes of Gail jacket:
Size US2// UK6// EU34: https://www.makerist.com/patterns/gail-jacket-size-us2-uk6-eu34-vikisews
Size US4// UK8//EU36: https://www.makerist.com/patterns/gail-jacket-size-us4-uk8-eu36-vikisews
Size US6// UK10//EU38: https://www.makerist.com/patterns/gail-jacket-size-us6-uk10-eu38-vikisews
Size US8// UK12// EU40: https://www.makerist.com/patterns/gail-jacket-size-us8-uk12-eu40-vikisews
Size US10// UK14// EU42: https://www.makerist.com/patterns/gail-jacket-size-us10-uk14-eu42-vikisews
Size US12// UK16// EU44: https://www.makerist.com/patterns/gail-jacket-size-us12-uk16-eu44-vikisews
Size US14// UK18// EU46: https://www.makerist.com/patterns/gail-jacket-size-us14-uk18-eu46-vikisews
Size US16// UK20// EU48: https://www.makerist.com/patterns/gail-jacket-size-us16-uk20-eu48-vikisews
Size US18// UK22// EU50: https://www.makerist.com/patterns/gail-jacket-size-us18-uk22-eu50-vikisews
Size US20// UK24// EU52: https://www.makerist.com/patterns/gail-jacket-size-us20-uk24-eu52-vikisews
If you have any questions regarding using our patterns please contact us via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our website www.vikisews.com
- - the PDF pattern in your chosen size, in A4 format to be printed at home;
- - the PDF pattern in your chosen height, in A4 format to be printed at home;
- - the PDF pattern in your chosen size, A0 format;
- - the PDF pattern in your chosen size, plotter format to be printed at the copy shop;
- - detailed instructions which include cutting layouts, construction steps accompanied by photos, as well as instructions on how to work with Vikisews patterns (printing, taping, adjusting, sewing terminology).
Materials you need at home:
- 1. Main fabric
- 2. Lining fabric
- 3. Spunbond interlining, 300 cm wide
- 4. Lightweight knit or woven interfacing, 140 cm (55”) wide, for all heights — 0.25 m (1/4 yd) for sizes 34–44; 0.3 m (3/8 yd) for sizes 46–52.
- 5. Swan down filling — 700 g to 1,000 g (those are the approximate volume and weight of a pillow stuffing for a 70×50 cm [28×20”] pillow).
- 6. Alpolux insulation 100 g/m2 for all sizes and heights — 1 m (1 1/8 yd).
- 7. One separating zipper, 85 cm (33 1/2") long for heights 1–2; 90 cm (35 3/8") long for height 3; 95 cm (37 3/8") long for height 4.
- 8. Two top zipper stoppers for the separating zipper.
- 9. Matching thread — 1 spool for the sewing machine.
My name is Viktoria and I'm happy to welcome you in my sewing pattern shop!
Vikisews patterns follow latest fashion trends and come with step by step tutorial that makes sewing easy and enjoyable!
For any questions related my patterns and sewing process please fill free to contact me via e-mail email@example.com!