Is it real, is it not?
Make this near realistic Geranium Tea Cosy to fit a 4-6-cup teapot (The size of the tea pot you see in the image is: 15cm(6ins) high x 47cm(18 1/2ins) round the full diameter of the center of the tea pot belly)
Not only make it for yourself, but what a lovely birthday or special gift to someone, especially if they have everything
- All crochet, except for the bee, which is knitted (purl/knit)
- Knitted on the flat with single pointed needles
- American terminology with metric measurements
- As with all my patterns, as a gift to you, included in your instant downloadable pattern is a print-to-cut out & make matching envelop, to store your pattern
Materials you need at home:
- What you will need to get started , Yarn The original tea cosy was worked using Stylecraft DK , TEA COSY 50g DK - BROWN or color of your choice , FLOWERS 50g 4ply - RED (or color of your choice) & small amount of DARK contrast RED (for stamen) , LEAVES 50g GREEN & DARK GREEN , BEE Oddments of WHITE, YELLOW & DARK BROWN or BLACK , , - Tools 3mm(US C/D, UK 11) & 3.5mm(US E/4 UK 9) Crochet hooks , - 3mm(US C/D 2/3, UK 11) knitting needles (for bee) , - Yarn Needle & Scissors , - Small amount of synthetic toy stuffing
TBeeCosy by Marcelline Simonotti
I love love love creating my own designs with yarn, combining various techniques to achieve "the look". Like mixing knitting and crochet. (Always using only single pointed knitting needles) I want everyone to be able to create my designs, so I love the challenge to make designs that look complicated yet the average person can make them, i.e. keeping them simple as possible, yet looks difficult :)
Sometimes I start to make one things, but as I go along my mind wonders into something else or I start with one color and just let myself go until I have completed something that never entered my mind in the first place! Like my Fairy Mushroom Tea Cosy which I first made the Cream Tea Cosy with the intent to make a white vanilla or white chocolate cake, only to find the next moment I had an sudden urge to make a mushroom tea cosy using just single pointed needles and to keep it as simple as possible, so that virtually anyone can do....
With all my patterns I have designed a special matching envelope which comes with the instant downloadable .pdf pattern/s, when you purchase any of my patters - with my love from the other side of the world, from me to you xxxx