Introducing best pals Gerry Giraffe and Ziggy Zebra. Gerry is 34 cm tall and Ziggy is 33 cm tall (standing). All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, change colour at the end of a row to knit stripes, and sew seams.
- The instructions to knit the giraffe and zebra.
- The pattern is 12 pages and written in English.
- The pattern includes 19 photos to help you make the toys.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.5mm knitting needles (US 4)
- DK yarn (double knitting or light worsted weight) in zebra in black, white and grey, and giraffe in orange, yellow and cream; less than 100g in each colour
- A stitch holder
- Toy filling
- Small buttons backed with felt fabric for eyes
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.