Gimlet Boilersuit // Women's Jumpsuit Sewing Pattern
The Gimlet Boilersuit is high-fashion utility wear! Boilersuits are so in right now, and with the Gimlet,you can put your own spin on the catwalk style.
This boilersuit features hip pockets, faux breast pockets, and a loose fit which is cinched with the matching belt. We’ve simplified the design with a ‘convertible’ collar and rolled sleeve hems.
Skill Level: Intermediate These instructions are aimed at intermediate sewers. The garment construction is straight-forward, but there is some top-stitching required, which may not suit beginners.
• 'Standard' Sizes A-G (US 2-14, AUS & UK 6-16) See the 'sizing guide' image for measurements.
Materials Required This pattern is designed for plain woven cottons, such as broadcloth, twill, canvas or denim. Lightweight, flowy fabrics like satin will also work for a glamorous effect. Stretch is not required.
- A Print-At-Home PDF: 33 x A4 or US Letter pages.
- A Copy Shop PDF: 2 x A0 pages to print at your local print shop (ie. Kinkos, Officeworks)
- An instruction file: 15 pages of sewing instructions with detailed illustrations.
Materials you need at home:
- 3.3m (3.6 yards) of fabric with a width of 144cm (55”)
- OR 4m (4.4 yards) of fabric with a width of 112cm (44”)
- 50cm (0.6 yards) of lightweight fusible interfacing.
- 5 x 12mm (1/2”) buttons
Our Lady of Leisure
Hello, darling! How lovely to meet you. We are your Ladies of Leisure, the patron saints of Sunday sewing. This is our manifesto.
We believe in creation as recreation. Sewing is good for you, darling. Relax. We believe your leisure time should be used for maximum enjoyment. This means figure-friendly sewing patterns with pain-free instructions. And it means we indulge in a sneaky short cut now and then. This is for fun, babe. We also indulge in the occasional cocktail at the sewing machine. We won't tell if you don't.
Our Lady of Leisure is a ongoing project aimed at designing modern, bold, empowering sewing patterns. Our patterns come with thorough, easy-to-understand instructions, complete with painstakingly illustrated diagrams.
This project is an absolute labour of love, so please let us know if you have suggestions on how we can improve. You mean the world to us, darling!