What a pair of lazy fat cats! Ginger, the orange striped cat, is having a little lie down, (they could make a sweet doorstop) and Smudge the grey cat is waiting for a head scratch (they could also be used as a bookend). Designed by Amanda Berry @fluffandfuzz, the cats are knitted in acrylic DK yarns on single pointed needles (not in the round). Smudge uses kitchener stitch, an invisible grafting technique, to finish the top of their head. For confident beginners and above, other techniques used include casting on and off, knits, purls, increases and decreases, knitting stripes, and seaming to finish.
- Instructions for making the two cats plus photos.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 7 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
- Ginger is 13cm tall x 20cm long and Smudge 17cm tall x 13cm wide.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.5mm knitting needles (US 4)
- Double knitting yarns (light worsted weight); less than 100g in each colour
- Toy filling
- Toy safety eyes
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.