Introducing my lazy fat cats, Ginger and Smudge! Ginger, the orange striped cat, is having a little rest (well it is hard work being a cat), and he could make a sweet doorstop. Smudge is the grey sitting cat, and you could use him as a bookend. Ginger is approximately 13 cm tall and 20 cm long, and Smudge is approximately 17 cm tall and 13 cm wide. All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. Smudge uses kitchener stitch grafting. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, knit stripes and sew seams.
- Instructions for making the two cats plus photos.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 6 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.5mm knitting needles (US 4)
- Double knitting yarns (light worsted weight); less than 100g in each colour
- Toy filling
- Toy safety eyes
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.